Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mattel Children's Hospital Dollhouse Project

Sometimes I really love the fact that I don't always know what I'm going to be working on from one day to the next. This time was no exception. Since I've done a lot of architectural models in the past, I was referred by the friend of the wife of a good friend to help a Landscape Design office to build the front yard/landscaping of a Huge bright pink doll house that was going to be auctioned off for charity.

The whole undertaking was really impressive. So many different design firms were involved, and everyone had to do their piece of the puzzle. The houses (there were about 10 of them) were being manufactured in the Factory of a really well known high-end furniture manufacturer here in Los Angeles. They were all really impressive. The auction will be held this Wednesday, I hope they raise a ton of money!

here's a link to the LA times article: http://www.latimes.com/features/home/la-designer-dollhouses-offer-miniature-life-of-luxury-20130409,0,4853777.story
Ours is imgages 15-22  photo dollhouse1_zpsbfce85ed.png photo doll2_zpscf2f7cb7.jpg photo doll3_zps82ac7549.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment